2 weeks to Chinese New Year! I made a bunny banner to welcome the year of the Rabbit! (read more about chinese zodiac here.)
Here's what I did.
1. Draw the rabbit - I used a compass to draw 1 circle for the body, another smaller circle for the head, folded the paper into half, then freehand for the ears to get even ears. Next, still folded, round up the rabbit's neck (you can see m pencil mark on the right next), cut out the rabbit.
2. Cut the fabric - Pin the rabbit cut out onto your fabric (I used white felt), cut 2 pieces.
3. Optional step - Applique or hand sew your design onto one fabric.
4. Pin 2 fabrics together (wrong sides), sew along the perimeter. You can decide on the seam allowance. I used about 1/4 inch.
5. Trim the edges a little to make it look nicer and you are almost done.
6. Find something circular, with a flat base, of suitable thickness. I used the back of my pen. :) Dip it into some fabric paint, dot the eyes and nose/mouth. So sorry, I got too excited and forgot to take a picture! =D
7. Repeat steps 2-6 until you have enough rabbits! I made 5 hearts to accompany my rabbits. You can make it too. Draw a heart shape, then follow steps 2-6.
8. Last step, I used a thick thread to connect the bunnies and hearts. In and out and in and out and in and out... note where the thread goes to get the right balance because the rabbit will keep looking at the floor if it is threaded too low.
There! My bunny banner! ♥♥♥♥