Thursday, July 14, 2011

Striped Flyer Holder

Remember the flyer holder I made last year? My friend's friend was frustrated with people stuffing flyers at her gate too and got referred to me by my friend. I dropped by her place to take measurements of gate and collect the yellow/white stripes fabric she bought. This was the first time I worked with fabric paint and stripes! I was very cautious trying to match stripes nicely, but still not perfectly matched in my eyes. Hope to work with strips again soon!


Take a closer look at the words! Are you interested to paint too? It's quite easy actually.

1. Print the word.
2. Placed the printout over the freezer paper
3. Cut out the alphabets from both printout and freezer paper (remember to have the glossy side facing right side of fabric)
4. Iron the freezer paper onto the right side of fabric
5. Mix colour if needed. I bought all basic colours (red, yellow, blue, white and black) so I can mix any colour I want. :)
6. Paint! Be careful not to paint out of the freezer paper
7. Dry the paint. You can blow dry with hairdryer or let it dry naturally if you have time
8. Paint second layer
9. Dry the paint. Keep painting and drying until desired.
10. Place a fabric over the area
11. Iron your design
12. Peel off the freezer paper
13. Touch up your design if needed. I usually use something sharp, like toothpick or satay stick.
14. Iron again and you are done! :D

Close up of the product.


Seems like a good time to replace existing flyer holder since our current one has faded due to prolonged sun exposure. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment