Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Peasant Dress

Another dress from a japanese book titled "Dress Style Book". It's called peasant dress. I used raglan sleeves instead, with elastic bands inserted. I like how the elastic band makes the creases look neater. :)
Closer view of the dress. This was the first time I worked with bias tape. 


Matched the dress with Naraya hat form Thailand and shoes from Taiwan.
Kitty decided to join in the fun.. 
The dress is comfortable and airy for humid Singapore. My friend commented that it can double up as a maternity dress too. :) 

4 comments:

  1. nice. looks very comfy. Haven really attempted any dress making for myself yet. maybe I shd try one of these days when I'm done with my current long to-do list : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. love this dress! looks good on you :)

    i was blog hopping and came to your site!

    jean (a fellow sewer too) :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eunice, I'll be waiting for pictures of your dress! :)

    Hi Jean! Welcome to my blog. hee.

    ReplyDelete
  4. perfect!!!!Love everything that comes from these Japanese books!

    ReplyDelete